Monday, May 9, 2011

Troutbeck Resort, Nyanga

My vacation from my vacation this past weekend was a success. Houari (the guy i am staying with from couchsurfers) and I made our way out of Harare into the rural area of Nyanga. We stayed at the gorgeous Troutbeck Resort. We went to several of the waterfalls in the area and drove around the nation park, though we didn't see any wildlife, we had a good time in the bush. Of course I liked it as I got to see more of the amazing landscape of Zimbabwe. The rock formations, mountains and open space is so beautiful! In the morning we went for a walk around the lake right next to the hotel and at night we enjoyed sitting by the fire as it got really cold in the mountains! Sunday morning I got to go horseback riding around the resort property with amazing views from the hill tops. Though I still find the English saddle a bit tricky I did great at trotting and cantering. It was really fun but I wish Houari could have come with me as he has never been riding before. We spent the rest of the day driving around to different rural areas for his work. It was great, again, to see more of Zimbabwe.

I have decided to stay here in Harare for a while longer. My birthday is on Wednesday and we are planning to have some people over for dinner and then maybe go out dancing or something after. At some point I will make it back to Malawi but at the moment I am having a good time here meeting more people each day! It is easy to get settled into each place as I make friends and then don't want to leave. So there are also many places I want to go back to as well. At the same time I have been missing home a bit and seeing friends and family. I will have so much to tell you all when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment