Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mzuzu!!!!

After a days rest at Doogles Lodge in Blantyre I was on another bus to go see Dumi in Mzuzu, Malawi. (I met a guy who was on the show Big Brother South Africa!) This time it was an entirely overnight bus leaving at 6pm and arriving at 5:30am. It was a reallllllly long bus ride. I paid a little extra for the 'comfortable' bus but it didn't seem to make a stitch of difference. I kept waking up every time the bus stopped, which was a lot! We finally arrived at the station though and surprisingly on time. It was so wonderful to see a familiar face when Dumi came to pick me up. I have settled in with him and his wonderful parents. They have a beautiful home with a huge back yard complete with cows, chickens, fruit trees and of course a huge garden. It is so peaceful here and yet very close to town.

Last night we went out and I got to meet a lot of his friends and see what the night life is like here. I had a great time and met a lot of Peace core people who happened to be in town. We will be traveling to Lilongwe tomorrow for the weekend and perhaps Lake Malawi next weekend. There are a lot of places that I would still like to visit so I am struggling to figure out how to fit it all in before I have to head back home. At the moment though I love not having anything to do all day but read my book and lay in the sun. Today we had an exciting moment though when Dumi rescued the neighbors cat from a tree and more importantly his four dogs!

I do have internet access so could skype with people at some point or if you have a good phone plan feel free to give me a call at 265992301845. There may be a few more numbers you need to add in front if your calling from the US so just check on that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment