Thursday, April 21, 2011

Crazyness in Victoria Falls

Yesterday I did some of what Victoria Falls is known for, the adrenaline sports. My friend Harry and I decided to do the tandem bridge swing. What that entails is getting harnessed up, getting cozy next to each other, holding on tight and jumping off a bringe over the Zambezi river next to the falls. It was fucking fantastic!!!! As soon as we did it I wanted to do it ten more times! We had one of the people from our truck take pictures so I should be getting those by the time I get home. Then we rushed back to camp where I got picked up to do an elephant safari. It was deffinately something that I would recomend to people but it wasn't quite what I had expected. You got to ride of the elephant with a 'driver' for about an hour. The best part was going into the water with them and feeding them. I got to touch its tounge and it was so smooth. I didn't buy the video, I took photos, but I did buy the footprint of the elephant that I was riding.

I had to say goodbye to my overland truck group this morning. I am very sad to see them go as we all got really close over our trip. I will of course be staying in touch with them and the crew as well who I also got very close with. It has been a 24/7 party in Vic Falls especially since we haven't needed to get up at the crack of dawn every morning to drive miles and miles. Our watering hole for the past few days has been the local seedy bar complete with male and female prostitutes! It may sound bad but it has been really fun getting to know the locals and Zimbabwe continues to be the friendliest place.

As it was our last night together our truck group decided to have a BBQ and we invited another overland truck to join us. It was a great feast which of course led us all, the other group included, across the street to dance away the night. It was good luck for me to meet up with this other group as I will be joining them on a sunset cruise this evening. I am much more confident traveling alone at this point as I have a better understanding of how things work and who to ask for help, but it is always nice to be with other tourists. I have pitched my tent for the first time at a great backpackers here and will enjoy using the kitchen that is available to us. Well until the next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment