Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mechanical issues?

So, I'm at SFO two hours early even though its a domestic flight. You know me I can't be late. My Mom dropped me off after spending a hectic week with her getting everything ready for the trip. My Dad met me at the airport and spent some time with me before he thought he was sending me off, I thought so too! Our plane was forced to move to another gate as the previous plane was majorly delayed. So we get on the plane, we taxi out and were about to take off when the captain comes on and says we have a mechanical issue that needed to be checked but he thinks we can go without it. Well it turns out he's wrong so we all are sent off the plane to reschedule our flights and missed connections!

Despite having missed my two connections I was feelings good and I met some really great people in the same boat. I really great woman who works for UCSF researching HIV in Uganda was great company in our almost four hours of trying to find other flights to Africa. I also met a young woman who had climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro a couple years ago and also done a similar bus tour with the same operator! She had some great things to same and I am more confidant that I will be able to reach the top! So I came up to Seattle, checked into my complimentary hotel and got together with Cousin Jessica her husband Paul and beautiful baby girl Charlotte for dinner. It was so wonderful to be able to finally see where they live and spend some time as we don't get to see each other very often. Something that could have "ruined" the beginning of my trip turned out to be a great way to start the trip. I am ready to go after a great nights sleep and some free internet time to set this thing up. Phew.

Ok, well I will try to keep you all posted. And wish me luck today on actually getting to Africa this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment